Why is Email encryption essential for the healthcare industry?
Email communication is one of the essential business tools for healthcare organizations. However, it is one of the most vulnerable areas in data security. Email encryption is a powerful method for protecting your organization from unauthorized access and hacking. The right Email encryption solution ensures HIPAA compliance while providing a high level of security to keep sensitive patient information private and secure.
Here are a few advantages of Email encryption.
- Encryption protects confidential information (Encryption is an effective way healthcare providers can protect patient health information from being used for purposes other than what was intended by the sender/recipient).
- Hackers can’t access encrypted Emails.
- What should you look for in a healthcare organization’s encrypted Email sending (EES) tool?
A complete Email sending tool should have the following qualities:
- Encrypts information while sending or receiving
- Effective security protocols
- User-friendly interface
- Delivers huge files safely and efficiently
- Fully customizable
Keeping this in mind, Cloud Maven, Inc. has introduced Secure Email: Powered by Paubox, which lets you send and receive Emails with full encryption inside Salesforce. Secure Email is a robust Salesforce-native application that automates the business workflow by securely transferring Emails with proper encryption from any Salesforce standard or custom object. This Salesforce native app is an excellent addition to businesses in terms of increasing security and productivity.
It can be used in any industry, but healthcare organizations can send sensitive information securely while protecting PHI (Protected Health Information) from unauthorized access or tampering.
Emails are inherently insecure and can be opened by anyone with access to your account or even if your Email address is compromised. Secure Email: Powered by Paubox eliminates this risk by not requiring any portals, plugins, or any extra steps to send emails.
Healthcare organizations must comply with federal regulations regarding the protection of patient data. When sending confidential information via Email, you can rest assured that you comply with the rules set forth by the US government. The healthcare industry is one of the most vulnerable to cyberattacks. As a result, organizations need to ensure that their data remains secure. The Salesforce-native Email encryption solution provides security features and tools for protecting your organization against cyber threats.
The following are some of the reasons why the Healthcare industry should use Secure Email as an Email communication tool:
- User-friendly and cost-effective
- It does not necessitate the exchange of any keys or the use of any passwords or portals
- A fully customizable dashboard keeps you updated on all sent and received Emails
- Allows the use of dynamic templates
- Allows automatic linking with follow-up Email.
- Allows you to send multiple Emails at once using any Salesforce object
- Allows you to send files in any format and size
- It can be accessed via the Salesforce1 mobile application
- Salesforce AppExchange’s only HIPAA compliant and HITRUST CSF Certified Email tool
Paubox encrypts email in transit using the TLS 1.2+ protocol, and AES 256 encryption protects classified data in the destination inbox. This means that your data is protected at all times. The system follows HITRUST CSF and HIPAA compliance guidelines, so you can rest assured that your data is being handled with care. To integrate the system with automation flows, workflows, Apex, Process Builders, and Triggers are all employed by Secure Email. The app enables easy and scalable Salesforce integration into your existing workflow as an API form.
Medical records are protected under HIPAA privacy laws. These medical records are private information and cannot be shared without permission from the patient. Information about mental health conditions and medications should never leave the patient’s hands. If a doctor is going to share these records with anyone else, they need to use secure methods of communication. The app is simple and does not require plugins, gateways, or additional processes. You can also add several recipients to the “CC” list, allowing you to send it to multiple people at once using dynamic templates.
When email encryption looks like a difficult task, choose a tool like Secure Email that provides benchmark for two-way email encryption while eliminating friction for the sender and receiver. Get the app on Salesforce AppExchange. For more info or to request a live demo, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To start a 30-day free trial today, Click Here.